Saturday, January 30, 2010

Feeling better

After a very long week, the boys are feeling better! They went through the week with 103-105 fevers. The pediatrician wanted us to come back on Thursday if they still had fevers. We went back and they did a nasal swab test for the flu and sent Addison for a chest x-ray to rule out pneumonia. Both tests were negative so again, we were told to just wait out the fever. They went to bed Thursday night with temperatures above 104 and Friday morning, they woke up with no fever. They didn't spike a fever all day and they were both acting like nothing had ever happened.
Today, they each ate a huge pancake for breakfast and snacked throughout the day. They hadn't eaten solid food all week because they didn't want to do anything but lay on Ian or myself.
Neither of them have broken out into a rash (a rash usually appears within 24 hours of the fever breaking) but honestly, I'm just happy to have them feeling better.

1 comment:

The Franciosa Family said...

I just have to post this.. my brother and his wife had a baby born 3 weeks early, and yet weighing 7 pounds at birth. She is now a healthy 2 year old. To this day, they still talk about their daughter's "brush with death" and all they went through. While I'm sure being born 3 weeks early has some health disadvantages, I fall short of calling it a "brush with death". Especially in this day and age. I showed both my SIL and my brother your blog about your boys. And neither of then have said a word since.