Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Surprise, they're not sick!

So, I'm actually getting a chance to update even though they're not sick. They're currently slipping and sliding on the kitchen floor because they splashed water all over the place. It's hot and they love the water so I figured they couldn't do too much damage by splashing in a little bit of water!
They have been doing so well! They're still hanging on to a little bit of their cold from months ago but they're managing ok without breathing treatments and medicines so I'm thrilled.

We've been getting outside a lot now that it's finally nice. I got an awesome new double jogging stroller that I LOVE! We've gone to French Creek, different playgrounds, walks and jogs through our development, and more. It fits perfectly in the back of my van and man...i should have bought one of these a long time ago. lol.

The boys are progressing well with their different therapies. Addison is walking along anything he can hold onto with ease. Riley is pulling up to a stand and is very, very close to walking along the furniture. It's not looking like either of them will walk for the March for Babies in 3 weeks but I suppose anything is possible.

So, we haven't been to the doctors in probably a month or so but the boys are gaining weight. Last time Riley was at the doctor, he was 19lbs. 8oz. He's easily 21lbs. now. Addison is probably close to 25lbs. They've grown into 18 month size clothing. It blows my mind that at this time last year, they were just barely big enough to fit 3-6 month size stuff. They both eat so much food. The bottles are decreasing and we're constantly introducing new foods. This past week they had chicken nuggets, mac and cheese, and baked ziti with ground beef. They loved all of it. They actually ate more ziti than Leah and Skylar.

We've finally accomplished one of our big goals that I've had for a long time. I took them grocery shopping and they were able to sit in the cart!! What a huge deal it was for us to be able to do that. Addison loved it but Riley was kind of freaked out by the vibrations of the cart so he wanted to be held a lot. But...they did it!!! No more pushing the stroller and pulling the cart behind us. Addison also reached another goal. He got his first bath in the bathtub! No more kitchen sink for him!

Riley is sitting with no problems now. He'll crawl to whatever he wants to play with and sit down and just play. They both dance when music is on.

We also plan to finally move them out of their infant car seats at the end of the school year. They'll still be rear facing but we'll move them into big boy convertible seats.

Addison is starting to fuss so I have to wrap this up. Before I go, I want to remind everyone that there's only a few weeks left to donate to our March for Babies team. Our walk is on Sunday April 25th! You can click on the purple March for Babies box on the right side of the blog to make an online donation. Or, if you're local, come out to the Exeter Chick-fil-a on Tuesday April 13th between 4-8pm. Team Macomber Miracles is having a fundraising night and our team gets 15% of the sales from anyone who brings a flyer or mentions they're with our team!
Enjoying their books while at the Please Touch Museum
Addison at French Creek State Park
Playing with easter eggs at Nana's
Splashing water all over the kitchen floor

No comments: