Saturday, May 14, 2011

Another successful March for Babies!

Ok, so maybe it wasn't as successful as last year when we raised somewhere around $3,000, but we did what we could and raised just shy of $1,000. More importantly, the twins WALKED instead of riding in a stroller. To me, that was worth more than any money I could have raised. We only walked about a quarter of the walk but they walked the whole thing and I couldn't have been more proud to turn around and cross the finish line.





On the trail




Stopping to get a picture with mom!


After crossing the finish line and having a yummy lunch
The boys are doing more and more every day. Riley is finally fully walking, Addison is jumping and running, and they're saying new words every day. Addison can put 3 words together to make some sort of toddler rambled sentence.
It's so unbelievable to me that in just a few short weeks, they'll be turning THREE!! Where in the world did all of that time go? They'll be transitioning from in home therapy to BCIU therapy which is a preschool type setting. They'll be bussed to school and have classmates and all of that fun stuff. I'm terrified for them to head out on a bus without me but I'm making sure they stay together so they'll at least have each other.
Now that it's been nice outside, we're spending a lot more time outside and they twins love it! We planted a garden and they sat forever just playing in the dirt. You know, like normal toddlers should do! And, we were out a few weeks ago and you'll never know how good it felt when someone came up and said "how old are they, about 2 or 2 and a half?" For a stranger to guess their age and be so close felt amazing. I don't get people asking if they're 1 or why they're not walking. I think they might soon not be able to pass for "under 2" when we go out and I'll have to start paying for them. haha.
So, they're getting a baby brother. Poor Leah will be so outnumbered but I'm excited for another boy. Unfortunately, this pregnancy has been tough. I've been getting progesterone shots every week to help my uterus from contracting and just this past week, I had my first cervical length ultrasound which ended up with me being in the hospital for 2 days to be monitored. No contractions but my cervix is short and soft and so I've already had my 2 rounds of steroid shots for the baby's lungs and I'm all but on bed rest. No lifting, no driving, no working, etc. As much as it sucks to have another difficult pregnancy, I'm willing to do whatever it takes to avoid another preterm birth. When I was in the hospital, they wheeled me past the NICU and I just started crying. I don't want to have to do another blog for another micro-preemie. And, hopefully I won't have to.




Addison
Riley


Being cute



Easter egg hunt, Riley in grey and Addison in blue.

1 comment:

Kate said...

so glad to see this, I had been wondering how you were doing. That's grat about the walk, way to go guys walking it yourselves!. WOw 3 time flies.
Best of luck with everything!

KAte ( an Amity mom)