Last year, I couldn't take them outside and put them down because they hated the grass. This year, they were outside, hitting the ball, running through the dry grass, in bare feet and they loved it :)
They have come so far and they are so amazing. They impress me every day. Yesterday, I asked Addison whose birthday it was and he would say "Riey Addin" (Riley and Addison), and then I'd ask how old Riley and Addison are and he would say "free" (three). And then I asked him where his ba-ba's (bottles) were and he said "bye bye". Yep, we're getting rid of their night time bottle. And they got a cool new potty seat with Elmo and Ernie on it and hopefully they'll start to get excited about sitting on the toilet.
I sat in the nicu last night, holding my new little boy, remembering how terrified I was 3 years ago when the twins were given a 50% chance of survival. They not only beat those odds, but they beat and continue to beat even more odds.
They've officially been discharged from their in home therapy and are now going through BCIU therapy to help transition them into school. They're going to start going to a classroom in August. I'm so excited but scared for them. I know they'll eventually love it but it will be really hard to put my babies on a bus and send them to preschool.
Anyways, today I am taking them shopping at Toys R Us so they can each pick out a new toy. Should be exciting!
I'll add pictures later tonight. My camera battery is charging.
Addison on the left, Riley on the right
Addison
Riley
No comments:
Post a Comment