We've still got boxes to unpack, quirks to figure out, and repairs to be made, but we're all very happy here. We really lucked out on not only the house and acreage, but the little neighborhood that our home is in. The neighbors are all very nice and it really is a small town, everyone helps each other type place. A lady down the street even baked us cookies. In our old development, not only did my mom live there for the first 10 years but then I was there for 3.5 years and I didn't know the names of the people who lived across the street. Everyone was very...I don't know the word...they all kept to themselves. I did know some of the neighbors and my kids played with other kids but I never felt at home there. Here, we're close to the top of a mountain and the sun rises in back of the house and sets in front and the deer come right to the corner of the deck to eat the fruit. I hear cows mooing and chickens crowing and everything is just peaceful. We've got 2.5 acres to play on and a dairy farm behind us and I couldn't have asked for a better place to raise my family.
So, enough of me gushing about the house. The twins are doing great. They're very excited about Christmas this year and are excited to see Santa. Addison really, really wants Santa to bring him a cow...a real one. Riley wants a basketball and football, despite the fact that we have a full bin of sports balls.
They're making huge strides in preschool. Addison doesn't do well with strangers and was really reserved in school. A few weeks ago he came running out and said "I said good morning!" Yes, he finally talked to the teacher and now has no problem in class except they won't sing.
It's hard to believe that they'll be old enough to start kindergarten in the fall. I'm still trying to decide if I should send them this year or wait one more year.
Terran is also progressing nicely. He just had his quarterly review for both of his therapists and we almost struggled to come up with new goals. His gross motor skills are great and his fine motor skills have really improved. Still not talking though. He's 18 months actual, 15 adjusted and only says mama, dada, and baba. He's eating like a champ. He loves food. Doesn't matter what it is, he loves it. He's got 4 molars that just broke through his gums and 4 in the front top and 3 (working on the 4th) front bottom.
Terran loves music of any kind. He will dance to anything and loves playing the drums, keyboard, and plucking guitar strings. He's adorable and comical and pretty much always happy. He really is the ideal last child. I'm ending my baby years on a very positive note and while I love watching him grow and learn, I'm sad that this will be the last time I get to experience all of the joys that come with watching a baby grow.
Halloween 2012
First time playing out in the snow
Me and the 4 older kids at the Christmas Tree farm



No comments:
Post a Comment