Addison and Riley are loving school and their class did a Christmas concert for all of the other classes and parents. The twins didn't sing but they stood up there, did the motions to some of the songs, and we were very proud of them.
The twins really "got" Christmas this year. They were excited to see Santa on the firetruck (who, at the new house, comes on the firetruck along with the Grinch, frosty, Mrs. Claus, and elves and they give out apples and Hershey's chocolate bars). We went to Christmas Village and Addison jumped right up on Santa's lap and asked for....a cow. That was all he really wanted. Santa thought that maybe 2.5 acres wasn't enough room for a real cow so he brought Addison some cows figures that he has been carting around with him ever since Christmas.
We just got over our month long germ sharing event which resulted in missing all but 2 days of preschool in January but everyone seems to be healthy now.
The twins are officially registered for preschool next year, but...they'll also be old enough to start kindergarten. I really don't think they'll be ready for kindergarten in the fall but I'm not totally ruling it out yet. I called BCIU to have them evaluated again to see if they can get a new IEP and maybe placement into a classroom. I'm waiting on paperwork to get mailed here and once they have that back, we'll be able to schedule a full evaluation. I made sure that we wouldn't be stuck with the the same coordinator as before and fortunately, she doesn't handle our new school district.
In an attempt to make the twins some local friends, I'm checking out the local MOMS club next Friday. I've got my fingers crossed that it works out.
Visiting Santa at Christmas Village

Christmas morning

Riley loves sledding!

No comments:
Post a Comment