Tuesday, August 5, 2014

The start of a new chapter

In 15 days, my boys will get on the school bus and head off to their first day of kindergarten. It's so surreal. I never pictured myself buying their backpacks and yet, there I was at J.C. Penny, picking out these awesome Phillies and Eagles backpacks. Enough of all of that, I've got a few months of summer to write about!

Baseball season was awesome! Riley is a natural and loved every second of playing. Addison loved it too but, as with a lot of kids, he got bored in the outfield. Their team had a great season and Phil really liked being an assistant coach! Next week, we start football season. Both of the boys are playing flag football.


A few days after their last baseball game, Addison and Riley celebrated their 6th birthday! As I sit here and try to think of something else to write, I can't come up with anything except.....SIX, they are six. Holy shit.

Then we headed to Rehoboth Beach for a few days. We stayed at the same campground as the previous 2 years. The boys still won't go in the water but I did get them to dip their toes. They could sit and play in the sand all day long and that's pretty much what they did.













After 4 days in Rehoboth, we headed south and spent 2.5 days at this amazing cottage on Chincoteague Island. It was there that we discovered how much Addison really loved to swim in the pool. Some swimmies and the occasional noodle and he kicked himself all over the place. It was REMARKABLE! Last year, I couldn't get them to let go of the wall during swimming lessons and this year, I couldn't get him out of the pool. He even put his face in the water.

This summer, they have really grown into these incredible young kids. When I registered them for kindergarten back in February, I was terrified about them adjusting to school but over time, they have shown me that they are ready. Yes, it will be a change for them, but it will be a good change.










No comments: