Friday, February 10, 2012

Proud mama today :)

Since the boys got sick, back in the beginning on December, they've spent at least part of the night sleeping in my room. And they've also been very clingy and reserved at school.
Last night, they slept in their room the whole night. Addison only cried to sleep on my floor for a few minutes while he laid next to Riley and fell asleep. Even when they sleep in their room, they curl up together in the same toddler bed. One bed has probably only been slept in a handful of times.
Anyways, they got a great nights sleep. I had to wake Riley up at 8:15 this morning.
So, off to school we went, prepared with our valentines for the valentine's party. We missed last week because the lady who watches Terran had a tummy bug going through her house and I wasn't about to take chances with that. I fully expected them to be grumpy and clingy but I was surprised from the beginning when Addison ran up the walkway, not caring if he was holding my hand or not (which has NEVER happened). Addison went right into the classroom, without me, and gave the teacher her candy, then came out to put his jacket in the cubby.
They played with the other kids and more importantly, they played separate from each other! They participated in circle time and sat on the carpet instead of my lap. And, just overall, were delightful!
I was so proud of them when we walked out of school today. And it made me feel better about having just handed over $100 to register them for school next year (where they'll get dropped off and be without me...yikes!).

No comments: