Thursday, May 10, 2012

Another March for Babies has come and gone!

We did well this year, a total of $801 was raised by Team Shining Star. Thank you to everyone who was able to make a donation!
Our walk was at a new location this year. We took a nice, scenic walk around Penn State Berks campus. Last year, the twins only walked the length of a bridge and back but they rocked it this year! They walked more than a mile on their own. They cut out of the walk early and took a short cut to the finish line with their Nana, but I was so proud of them. It was a great day of seeing old NICU friends and doing something helpful as a family.
I was late to the game this year and was feeling so overwhelmed with life that I almost didn't walk this year but I'm so glad I did. The walk is always such a healing process for me. It brings me back to those first few days when I wasn't sure if my twins would come home from the hospital. And, I'm reminded why I raise money every year. If there's a chance that even one dollar that I raise helps another parent not have to wonder if their baby will come home or not, all of my efforts were worth it.
All of us after the walk. Notice Terran passed out in the carrier.

We had a great lunch provided by Sheetz and Clover Farms that the kids devoured.
So, thank you again to everyone that donated, supported, and thought of us. You all helped make this years walk a success!

Now....onto birthday party planning!!! Hard to believe that I'm a few short weeks away from my last first birthday. It's awfully bittersweet. And, before I have time to recover from Terran's party, I'll be throwing a double birthday party for FOUR year olds! As much as I loved having the extra baby time with the twins, I was thrilled when they started the develop into toddlers. Now, they're soon turning four. They grow up way too fast.

No comments: