Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Snowed in with time to waste

Well, ok, maybe not time to waste. There is plenty of stuff I should be doing but there will always be housework. Right now, I'm snuggled in bed with 4 sick kids while trying to convince myself that I'm not sick, even though I am. Perfect time to write up a blog post, right?

Last week I got Kindergarten registration papers in the mail. I can't believe that it's finally time to register the boys for kindergarten. I'd be lying if I told you I didn't cry a little bit. I've spent 5.5 years protecting and fighting for them, it's going to be hard to put them on a school bus for full day kindergarten, 5 days a week. I know I've done my job well though and they'll do great.
They're also signed up for "smashball" in the spring. It's the youth sports league new instructional alternative to t-ball. They'll focus on the basics and fundamentals of playing baseball but they're using foam balls and bats. They're both so super excited to play baseball and Phil has signed up to be an assistant coach.

So, this post was originally written on Feb. 4th. Apparently I never published it so it's a month and a half later but I've got new stuff to write about and this kind of leads into my next thoughts.

No comments: