So, I'm a few days late since they turned 3 months old on the 17th but I'm just now getting time to write. They're both doing really, really well. As I'm typing, Ive got Addison in my lap, getting his night time bottle with zantac and poly-vi-sol. It's hard to believe that they've only been home, together, for a week. It seems like they've always been here and aside from having to plan extra time to get ready in the morning, they've slipped right into our lives and hearts :)
They went to their doctor (Dr. Moffit, who was my pediatrician when I was a kid) for a weight check and quick check-up. He was on vacation the first 2 visits so this is the first he's been able to see them. He's happy with Addison's weight gain. He weighs 4lbs. 10oz. He wasn't too thrilled with Riley's weight gain though. He's only 3lbs. 14oz. He ideally wants them to gain an ounce per day but is happy with a half ounce. One ounce per day seems like a lot when you're talking about a baby who's not even 4lbs. They're both still just getting plain breastmilk with only vitamins and zantac. I've been getting an insane amount of formula mailed to me by various companies and I still have 3 different types of fortifiers from the hospital. Our next doctors appointment is for their 4 month check-up so if Riley hasn't gained a significant amount of weight, I may try to introduce a fortifier again. Riley has started spitting up so Dr. Moffit put him on Zantac to see if it makes any difference. Other than a few common preemie issues, they're super healthy.
They've been sleeping and eating well. Addison has just finished his 2oz. bottle and he's still rooting. Riley sleeps more and Addison eats more. They've already started to show their personalities. I can tell the difference between their tiny cries and they each have their own little sounds and quirks. Ian has even pointed out that he's surprised I know them so well.
Ian went back to work on friday. It was a bit of a challenge. He had been home since Addison came home (he worked from home until Riley came home) and such a huge help. He did almost all of the cooking, cleaning, and care for Leah and Skylar. I now have an idea of what time I need to be up in the morning so that I'm able to get myself ready before the kids need stuff.
Addison finally fits into preemie clothes. He actually almost fits Gymboree newborn clothes. A friend sent matching Gymboree outfits for them and they're for "up to 7lbs." and they only hang about 2 inches past his feet. The sleeves are just a tiny bit too long but they fit enough that I'll put them on when I'm out of preemie sleepers. Riley still doesn't come close to fitting the gymboree outfit but he's almost the right size for preemie. Hopefully Dr. Moffit is right when he said that one day, they'll just start to take off with their weight gain.
Sorry for the crappy picture, it was taken late last night with my cell phone. Riley is the closer baby.
No comments:
Post a Comment