Friday, September 5, 2008

One down, one to go





After 81 days in the NICU, Addison is HOME! We got home with him just before dinnertime. He is on an apnea monitor for at least 3 months and he has a prescription for Zantac but otherwise is completely healthy. He weighs a whopping 4lbs. 5.3oz. (3 pounds above birth weight).

Ian and I both had busy mornings but all of the hardwork is worth it.
Our day started off with a visit from my good friend Jenn who brought us a meal and tied balloons out front. Then we had a porch fairy (Amy) leave a balloon and goody bags for Skylar and Leah on the front porch. When we came home from the hospital, my sister had tied more balloons outside and put one of those stork signs in our flower bed. I always thought those signs were so silly but having him be celebrated felt so great! We were scared to celebrate too much when they were born since they had only a 50% chance of survival. So now, we celebrate!

Riley should be coming home before the end of this coming week. He's supposed to move to an open crib tonight and if he does well, he could come home as early as Monday. He was 3lbs. 9oz. as of this morning so he may make it to 4lbs. and not have to come home in a carbed.

I've been typing this one-handed for a long time now so I'll end this for tonight.

I will try to keep updating daily at least until Riley comes home, but if I don't, you know why :)

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations! That is so very awesome to have Addison home where he belongs. It's been a very long hard road for all of you and I celebrate with you in my heart this huge milestone. It is so great to see pictures of him at home at last!

All the best wishes to all of you.

Anonymous said...

congratulations!
Welcome home Addison!

Anonymous said...

I just can't stop crying reading this. Can't wait til the lil brothers are reunited :D
Radhanuga

Anonymous said...

congratulations!!! so happy for you guys!

Erin said...

Congratulations!

Harriet said...

This is fantastic news! I am an October Mommy on the babyfit and have been following your boys' journey since day one! I am thrilled for you and your family.

anglswngs said...

Amazing! I am so happy for you all.
Debbie

Mrs. J said...

Heartfelt congratulations. I have been following your family's journey from BabyFit. What a wonderful day. Here's wishing you more wonderful days in the very near future.

Best wishes,
Cheryl (MrsJ0327)