Thought I would take some time to finally write. Addison is tuckered out from his first visit to the doctor and he's sound asleep. He weighed 4lbs. 6oz. at the doctor today. They did say the scale may be off compared to the hospital scale so we're going back in a week for a weight check. The doctor said he looked good. His heart and lungs sounded great, he's eating plenty, and although he hasn't pooped since he came home, his belly looked just fine. The nicu gave me some glycerin and the doctor told me to give it to him if he still hasn't gone by tomorrow night. He's had a lot of food changes in the past week so we're giving him a little bit longer for his belly to settle. He was sent home with instructions to add Neosure formula to a few bottles per day (he gets 3 bottles per day so that i can give his poly-vi-sol and Zantac) but the nicu doctor told me to just give him regular breastmilk for now. Riley started spitting up the Neosure fortified breastmilk (I would too, who wants to drink the good stuff with nasty formula mixed in??) so he's also just getting straight breastmilk.
This weekend has been a lot of bittersweet fun. Addison is a perfect baby. He sleeps and eats well, loves to be cuddled and held, his monitor rarely alarms, and although I wish we could get rid of the nipple shield, he's nursing and that's more important than getting rid of the shield. The kids are so in love with Addison. Leah wants to talk to him and tickle him. Skylar loves to be my "look out" and sit with him while I run to the bathroom or fix a bottle. Leah's having a little bit of a hard time adjusting to being the center of attention but she starts school tomorrow so hopefully that will help her feel important too.
Skylar had his first football game of the season this past Saturday. We all went because I didn't know exactly where it was so I knew Ian would never be able to find it. Of course, as soon as we got there, it starts to rain so Leah, Addison, and I stayed in the van. I missed Skylar get his first touchdown but it was nice to be out as almost a complete family.
So, we were hoping for Riley to come home today but early yesterday morning, he had to go back into the isolette. His temp was down a little bit so they bundled him and left him in the open crib and for his next feeding, his temp was still low. I called this morning and was told that he's going into the open crib again this afternoon and his nurse moved him to a different section of the nicu where there is less of a draft. There was a big vent in the wall right behind where his bed was so hopefully he'll do better in this spot. He weighs 3lbs. 11oz. We're hopefully shooting for Thursday as a discharge date now and I don't think there's any way he'll hit 4lbs. by then so he'll probably come home in a carbed. He's eating really well and not having any reflux issues. He had one event yesterday but none so far today.
No comments:
Post a Comment