Friday, October 24, 2008

Taking a short break to write another post

I'm in the middle of packing up all un-needed items in the house so that it can be ready to go up for sale in 2 weeks. I wanted to post since I actually have more to say than "they're doing well".
They both started physical therapy through Early Intervention this past Monday. It went great. The therapist is a really nice guy who has been a therapist for a long time. He'll be coming out once a week to continue to work with them to develop their muscles.
Addison had another opthamologist appointment yesterday. His ROP in his left eye seems to be getting better. His right eye is kind of "stuck". He noticed that there were very small spots of blood at the ends of the blood vessels which indicates some tugging but the blood vessels aren't attached to the retina. We go back on Halloween for another check-up and if it isn't any better, Dr. Klombers will recommend laser surgery. The surgery is pretty routine and safe but Addison will have to be put under anesthesia which scares the crap out of me. I do have to say, if I could pick any opthamologist to do the surgery, I would pick Dr. Klombers. He's a fantastic doctor and very experienced with preemies.
So, please keep your fingers crossed that when we go back next week, his eye looks better.

No comments: