Thursday, October 2, 2008

Weight check update

I had his weight wrong last week. Addison went from 4lbs. 12oz to 4lbs. 14oz. I nursed him while we were at the midwife to make sure his latch was good and that he was getting enough to eat. After nursing for about 10 minutes (and having nursed only 2 hours prior), he was 1.5oz. heavier. There's no question that he's eating enough. Riley was 4lbs. 0.3oz. He was too sleepy to nurse but I'm fairly certain that he's doing just fine :) I called the pediatrician to make sure their weight gain was ok. The ped. said they should be gaining a little bit more but they weren't concerned enough to have them come in before their 4 month well visit.
The medical supply place is coming out tomorrow to do the first download from their apnea monitors. They're such a pain in the rear but part of me is scared to have them off the monitors. Addison still drops his heart rate and his lips turn blue about one a day. Riley has a few but his are much more mild. We'll know if they're coming off the monitors within the next 2 weeks. The NICU doctor has to review the downloads and then approve them to come off. He then calls the pediatrician with his decision and then they'll call me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey hunnie, I am glad the boys are doing well, and I am hoping you and the family are as well too! I love you!

Tara

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear they are doing so well.

Dr. K moved to a new office but it's my understanding that they take a lot of insurances. They will probably be able to bill as medical vs eye (we do that with our kids because Trevor has some genetic eye thing). So that makes it easier since health insurance is more broad then vision.

One thing to consider with MA...it allows the local schools and such to get some money for therapies they provide. So with Aidan our school can get some payment for the ST they provide. So it benefits more then just the family. We couldn't survive without MA. The one thing you have to do...see which MA companies the different doctors you see take. You pick with MA insurance you want but not all doctors that accept MA take all policies. I personally recommend AmeriHealth Mercy. They have been so generous and never make us fight for anything. One of the other companies used to require a referral for blood work...so keep an eye out if that rule still exists (that for me was one reason to skip that company).

They will likely make you apply for Social Security...it was the rule in the past. If you are denied SS you still get MA. If you get SS you still get MA. I don't know why they make you apply. We didn't want SS...we just wanted help with medical bills. We were denied, told to fight it because we would win...but we took the denial and just finished the MA process.