Monday, September 29, 2008

Busy weekend!

Saturday I was surprised with a "welcome home Addison and Riley" baby shower. It was a nice little gathering of some family and good friends. Got LOTS of diapers. lol. The boys got to be loved on and everyone got to spoil them (after washing their hands ;) ). Thank you to everyone who came and celebrated them and gifted us some much needed supplies.
The boys are doing really well. Over the weekend they suddenly seemed to "get it" They've both been nursing a ton. Friday, between 10am and 1pm, Riley drank 5oz.! They've both graduated from their 2oz. bottles from the hospital and they're now drinking 2.5-3.5oz per feeding. They both went from one poop per week to several poops per day. They've both been awake more and alert. Their reflux seems to be a little bit better but I'm still not able to drink caffeine. I usually save my pumped milk and try to drink my coffee when they're due for meds so that it doesn't affect them too much.
I'm hoping to get some pics from the welcome home shower and I'll post them as soon as I can. I have to head out to babies r us, again, to try and find a darn stroller that is compatible with their carseats. They are in Chicco Keyfit 30's and Chicco doesn't make a double stroller that fits their carseats but they don't fit in any of the universal strollers. There's one stroller that will fit the seats but of course, it's like $600! There's one more at babies r us that I can try and if that doesn't work, I'm stuck carrying 2 carseats, 2 apnea monitors, and the diaper bag every time we need to go somewhere. Since they're not 5lbs. (Riley isn't even close), they aren't big enough for other infant seats. The Chiccos are the only seats that fit 4lbs. and up.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Have you tried the Kolcraft Contours double stroller? It only comes with one car seat attachment but you can buy another one separately. I want to say it takes Keyfit 30's. I own one and I love it!

I hope you find something that works!!

Sarah

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain girl! Well, okay...not *quite*

I have the Chicco Keyfit Infant car seat as well and can't find a double stroller or sit and stand that will carry both my 22 month old and the baby (I'm from the Sept. 08 board on babyfit).

I have been keeping up with your situation the whole time, and am SOOOO glad that the boys are doing well and are home.

Let me know (maybe post on babyfit) if you find something that works on for the Chicco, and I'll do the same!
Netty