Friday, October 17, 2008

4 months old!


It's crazy to me that they're already 4 months old. It's been a long 4 months but it's gone by so quickly.

The boys are doing great. They're exclusively nursing. We've stopped the Zantac since it didn't seem to be helping and we've eliminated the need for bottles. They only get a bottle a few times a week, when I drink coffee.

Addison was at the eye doctor yesterday. His ROP is still at a stage 3 but not far enough to need laser surgery. It hasn't progressed over the past 2 weeks but it also hasn't gotten better so we have to monitor it once a week until the blood vessels start to pull back towards the front of the eye. Riley's eyes are getting better and he's now being seen every 3 weeks. They're both starting to focus ad stare at things. They will stare up at me when they're nursing and it's the sweetest thing ever.

We were at the pediatrician this afternoon for their 4 month check-up. Addison weighs 5lbs. 6oz. and is 18in. long. He's finally about the size of a newborn. He should be ready to move into newborn clothes and diapers in a few weeks. Preemie diapers are not cheap, don't come in bulk sizes, and aren't made by generic companies. lol.

Riley weighs 4lbs. 8oz. and is 17in. long. He's still got a while to go before he outgrows preemie stuff.

They're sleeping well, content most of the time, and it's so much fun to see them grow every day. They seem to be in the middle of a growth spurt. They've been nursing every 1.5-2 hours. Needless to say, I haven't been off of the couch much.

3 comments:

Erin said...

I need to come see them on day when I have off from work. I've either been sick or working...or both. There was no way I was coming over while sick...I'm sure there was no way you would let me in while sick.

They are just so darn cute. I can't imagine the joy they must bring. When you think about what your family has been through and now to have them home and overall healthy...I imagine it's just overwhelming at times.

Anonymous said...

how sweet! :)

Anonymous said...

WOW! They have come such a long way, congrat's on the nursing! I know it's a lot of work (well, I DON'T know how you do it with 2) but I'm sure it is SOOO worth it to give them the best!

They look great!