Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Haven't posted this much in a while

So, I was able to go to the NICU to get some sticky leads. I took the boys in to visit and the nurses were thrilled to see them and love on them. One of our favorite nurses was there but doing a training class and they couldn't get in touch with her to have her come see the boys. I told them I'd be back if the boys ever outgrow their preemie clothes. I was overwhelmed with emotions after being back there. I was reminded again just how lucky we are to have them both home and healthy.
So, back to the monitor. I have 2 sets of sticky leads and the medical supply place will have 2 more sets on Friday. His one lead keeps coming unstuck but I'd rather deal with the monitor going off all night and having to re stick it, than to have it rubbing against him. Once his sore clears up, I'll put the velcro patches back and just try to pad it a little bit so it doesn't rub against him again. After talking to a nurse at the pediatricians office twice, we decided that I didn't have to bring him in since it's not looking infected. We have our 4 month check up next week so hopefully we'll be able to stay out of the peds office until then.
Tomorrow we go for a final weight check at the midwives office and then we have another eye exam in the afternoon. It will be a busy day but it's nice to have it all done on one day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad the nurse at the pedi office thought there was no cause for concern and you didn't have to go in. Sounds like a nice reunion at the hospital. Can't wait to hear about the weight check!

Anonymous said...

Hey there! Do you always have the leads in the same spot? I remember with our daughter, we rotated them around every so often so her skin wouldn't get irritated (she had the belt w/ the 2 plastic squares). We were told that as long as her heart was between the leads, it was ok to move them. Like, each lead under an armpit, or one slightly in front of an armpit and the other slightly behind the other armpit, and switching which one was in front and which one was behind. Does your monitor show the heartbeat, or that the signal is in the right place? Anyway, don't know if that helps, but it's ok to move the positions if you need to. :)

You're doing a great job!!
Blessings,
Katie