We've received the big bills from the hospital for both babies and I am SO glad we have insurance.
My c-section was $13,394.66
Addison's NICU stay- $363,831.32
Riley's NICU stay- $379,517.09
Grand total- $756,743.07
Of that, we owe only $2,100 in co-pays.
With all of their doctors appointment, I'm sure they'll pass a million dollars over the first year of the lives. I'm so glad we have good insurance. We'll have many more co-pays throughout the next year but it's such a small price to pay to have our healthy boys :)
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow, that's incredible! Thank goodness for insurance. :)
Have you applied them for SSI/medicaid? All very low birthweight babies qualify while in the NICU, no matter your income, and the Medicaid would pick up their portion of that 2 grand. It was a lifesaver for us.
If some of that $2100 is from them you might be able to get MA to back pay...if I remember correctly they aren't on it yet.
It really is frightening how expensive medical care is. I think about the policies that have lifetime maximums...we'd be in trouble if we had one of them.
I'm glad you have good insurance. Do get them on the MA because you deserve it, you have worked for it and it is there for the kids who need it.
Looking at them though...worth every penny and MORE!
Post a Comment