Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Riley is off the apnea monitor!

Ian got a call right after Skylar and I left for football practice. It was Dr. Worrel from the NICU calling to say that Riley no longer needed to be on the monitor! After looking at the downloaded info, almost all of his alarms were false alarms. So, after we got back from football, I took him off his leash. I was able to walk upstairs with Riley and say goodnight to Ian, without wrapping a cord around my arm and carrying the monitor.
Addison is expected to be on his monitor for another 4-6 weeks. I fully expected to have Addison on longer. He had a good amount of low heart rate alarms where his lips would turn blue but he hasn't had one like that in probably a week. His alarms have gone off only a few times in the past week. I'm almost certain that after the next download, he'll come off also.
Nursing is going really well. I've only used 2 frozen bags of milk and it was so I could drink coffee. We go to the midwife for a final weight check and then to Dr. Klombers (the opthamologist) on Thursday.
Although having Riley off the monitor is fantastic, I will probably be up most of the night. Of course, I'll worry about his breathing all night.