I'm still feeling sick today but I had to take in milk so I put on my face mask, scrubbed my hands and arms real well, and went in to visit the boys. While I was sitting there, holding Riley's hand, their doctor came over to me.
Tomorrow Addison will be moved to an open crib! We will have a definite answer on Wednesday but as of now, Addison should be coming home this FRIDAY!!!!! He has to maintain his body temperature while in the open crib and our plans for Thursday are to do the carseat test, apnea monitor testing, and I'll stay overnight with Addison in the overnight room if he's coming home Friday. He is off the Zantac and having a few more episodes than before but the doctor is going to wait a day or two to see if he needs to go back on Zantac. He's down to the 22 calorie fortifier and he's retaining a little bit of water but they aren't concerned or planning to start on the diurell again. He will come home on the monitor and with the poly-vi-sol, vitamin E, and folate. He'll also have to have some of the fortifier added into a bottle. He now weighs 4lbs. 3.5oz. and is 16.5" long.
Riley has finally hit 1500 grams!! He is now 3lbs. 5.1oz. and 15.9" long. He was taken down to the 24 calories fortifier and on all of the same vitamins as Addison. He is not having any events and is eating wonderfully. He's now allowed to take up to 40cc and he's been taking all of that almost every feeding. Dr. Brown said that Riley is not far behind Addison and should hopefully move to an open crib in a few days. When we met with him last week, we decided that if they were only a day or two apart, we wanted them to come home together. He told me today that Riley is more than 2 days, but less than 1 week behind Addison.
We've got a lot of cleaning to do between now and this weekend. We spent the whole afternoon deep cleaning the house. Tomorrow I'll shampoo all of the carpets and deep clean the bathrooms. We have the co-sleeper out of the attic and ready to be set up. So exciting!!
Keep your fingers crossed that he does well in an open crib and passes his carseat test!
4 comments:
wow that's wonderful! good luck! they are so beautiful :)
i hope you're feeling better.
I just read that indeed that was a smile! How cute is that! So cool!
And now talk about coming home?!?!?! I bet this day seemed so far off in the beginning but here it is. You getting near the end of their NICU stay. It's almost time to have your entire family under one roof!
I can't tell you how happy I am for you.
if you need help cleaning or anything call me!!! Amy
Oh I am so praying all the tests go well and they get to come home. So exciting for you!
Post a Comment