I try to call and check on the boys every morning, soon after I wake up.
Addison has moved to CPAP. His ventilator tube came out a little bit (they said it was probably a combination of the double humidity in his bed and the tape that holds it in place. So, he has been doing well on the cpap all night. They said it's not uncommon for them to do ok for a few days and then get tired and have to go back to the ventilator but sometimes they do really well with it. They're going to keep monitoring his gas levels to make sure he's getting all of the c02 out of his system. So far, he's been doing great.
Riley is still peeing. They did have to put his ventilator up a little bit. His oxygen level is turned up to about 33% (normal room air is about 21% oxygen so hes just getting a little bit of help) He is having a little trouble getting rid of the c02 so that's why that is all turned up. He's got a little bit of a busier day than Addison. He's going to have the brain u/s, but he's also going to get a scan of his kidney and an echo for his heart. They told me to expect him to need his levels turned up throughout the day due to all of the stuff going on.
So, overall, they had a stable night and I couldn't have asked for better updates!
Friday, June 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am glad it was a good night!
Way to go Riley on the CPAP! Even if it doesn't last it shows what a fighter he is!
I hope the testing on Addison isn't too hard on him and the results are good.
What a nice update to wake up to! Keeping them in our prayers!
Post a Comment