So, this is the first time I've ever posted a blog. I wanted to set something up so that I can update friends and family on our boys, Addison and Riley.
Addison and Riley were born on June 17th, 2008. Their due date was Sept. 26th, 2008. I was 25 weeks and 4 days pregnant when they were delivered via c-section. Addison weighed in at 1lb. 5.2oz. and Riley weighed 1lb. 3oz. They both measured 12 and a quarter inches long.
They were immediately whisked off the the NICU (neonatal intensive care unit) and it was about 6 hours before we were able to go see them. They were both put on ventilators and by the time we went to see them, they were taking additional breaths on their own and they were both receiving room air (no additional oxygen added).
They both got central lines through their belly buttons. One line was to draw blood for lab work and the other was for nutrition. Addison had to have his lab work line pulled yesterday because it was putting too much pressure on the veins in his leg and it was causing circulation problems. As of now, they have to prick his heel to do blood work. Addison was peeing and pooping on his own but he stopped peeing due to a medication to help prevent brain bleeds. It sometimes affects the kidney and liver.
Riley is a feisty little man. He was the baby that would not stop kicking me while I was pregnant. He has peed very little and only had one poop. They are giving him extra fluids to try to kick his system into gear. They also stopped the medication for preventing brain bleeds. He's been the more stable of the two. He's been on room air pretty much since the beginning and taking extra breaths while on the ventilator.
I'll try to keep this updated regularly and add pictures and video of the boys.
Addison and Riley were born on June 17th, 2008. Their due date was Sept. 26th, 2008. I was 25 weeks and 4 days pregnant when they were delivered via c-section. Addison weighed in at 1lb. 5.2oz. and Riley weighed 1lb. 3oz. They both measured 12 and a quarter inches long.
They were immediately whisked off the the NICU (neonatal intensive care unit) and it was about 6 hours before we were able to go see them. They were both put on ventilators and by the time we went to see them, they were taking additional breaths on their own and they were both receiving room air (no additional oxygen added).
They both got central lines through their belly buttons. One line was to draw blood for lab work and the other was for nutrition. Addison had to have his lab work line pulled yesterday because it was putting too much pressure on the veins in his leg and it was causing circulation problems. As of now, they have to prick his heel to do blood work. Addison was peeing and pooping on his own but he stopped peeing due to a medication to help prevent brain bleeds. It sometimes affects the kidney and liver.
Riley is a feisty little man. He was the baby that would not stop kicking me while I was pregnant. He has peed very little and only had one poop. They are giving him extra fluids to try to kick his system into gear. They also stopped the medication for preventing brain bleeds. He's been the more stable of the two. He's been on room air pretty much since the beginning and taking extra breaths while on the ventilator.
I'll try to keep this updated regularly and add pictures and video of the boys.
2 comments:
Hi Lindsey, I am so glad you started a blog so everyone can stay updated. I am praying for you guys daily :)
Love Mandy (from AM)
this is a great idea! we're thinking about you guys, hang in there!
darci
Post a Comment