Saturday, June 28, 2008

Ramshackle update for Saturday...

Lindsey is still very sick, but slightly better today, and we are going to try some soup. I was able to do all of the laundry, vacuuming, and a softener salt/tissue/med run before I started to fall ill myself.

My mother, father, brother, sister-in-law and niece are out playing with Skylar and Leah all day, which couldn't have been better timed. THANK YOU, MOM!

There is quite a bit of news to dish out.

Riley:

Right eye OPEN! Second cranial/renal ultrasound NORMAL. 30% oxygen. Still using the same peripheral IV. No sign of infection, and the antibiotics are done. Feeding attempts are resuming today... and we pray and hope for further good news this evening.

Addison:

I will dispense with the bad news first. Due to some green aspirates and distension they are halting Addison's feeding regimen for now. He continues to be stable, and is on 28% oxygen. BOTH of his eyes are open!! His second ultrasound will be on Tuesday, but they have no reason to expect anything but a normal result. They have NOT heard his murmur for 3 days now, and this might indicate the duct has closed of its own accord. He still has the same peripheral IV in, so not more pokes or prods. He's sleeping on his tummy right now.

Overall this was a day full of good news, and I'd gladly trade my health for the babies' any day of the week.

We are lucky to have such a caring and dutiful son who for some reason delights in caring for the sick, as we will surely need a hand later today and when the babies arrive. Even little Leah likes to fill the water bottles with ice and water for us. They ought to be back soon.

Thank you everyone. Lindsey's sister will be picking up some more bottles at the NICU and is going to ask the nurses to take some pictures of our boys as we can barely stand not seeing them for this long.

I'll post them should they materialize.

Ian

1 comment:

Erin said...

I hope you guys are feeling 100% soon so that you can get back to see your babies.

I was going to go up today to see if I could peek at them through the window but I didn't get a chance. I may go up tomorrow to see if I can peek at them. I'd love to see them in person...even if it's through glass.

They are amazing boys!