It has been a very busy day for me, and I am just finding time to post an update on events.... So:
I awoke early this morning already having the hospital trip and some other personal things requiring attention, and had scheduled a work-from-home day.... Which went smoothly from around 5-9. Leah and Skylar awoke in that order (Big Brother likes to sleep. A lot... Leah, not so much)
Lindsey was still sleeping on the sofa from the night before, and not thinking anything off it I packed up the kids and stole away to do the errands.
As I was about to head home I got a call from Lindsey who's voice BARELY audible. She was extremely ill, and couldn't even make it up to the shower. When I arrived home I had to help her about a good bit and then her father took her off to the doctor. That was an hour and a half ago. I certainly hope that it's nothing extraordinary, but need to write an update on the kiddos before I pop.
Addison's lungs seems just fine after the albuterol and z------x(?) he received yesterday. They couldn't detect any fluid or wheezing whatsoever. In addition, his murmur has been conspicuously absent for 2 days now. His feedings continue to increase, and his IV is holding.
Riley is still distended a bit, but is showing no fever or other signs of infection. The antibiotics will continue for a few days, all the same, while they culture the samples they took from him yesterday. I am waiting to hear the results from his x-rays earlier today.
Everyone is stable, and no one has so much as dropped below 80% oxygen levels in the last 24 hours.
Lindsey's sister was kind enough to stop at the NICU and pick up additional bottles, bags, and supplies that we were needing.
I hope that I am able to visit them tonight, but Lindsey is not capable of even supervising the children, let alone actually caring for them.
That is all for now everyone. Thank you for everything as always.
Ian
Friday, June 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Zeponex?
I am praying for your babies
I can't find Zeponex online.. and ZAponex appears to be a brand name of Clozapine (an antipsychotic).. I will definitely ask the nurse again as I feel a compelled to know everything that happens to my babies!
Post a Comment