Addison seems to be developing some fluid in the lungs, and as such they have decided NOT to move forward with the CPAP placement and have also begun some respiratory treatments to help with the moisture issue. They were also unable to run a PICC line or normal IV into his arm so he remains on the umbilical line for now. That is not an issue at the moment, but may become one eventually so we are praying that one of the NP's is able to install that PICC line (a line entered in through a vein in the arm or leg, and then fed up to the heart area through larger internal veins...) He is still stable, though, and has had no major events.
I spoke with the doctor regarding Riley just now, and they have begun antibiotics as a precaution should he have an infection. There is distension and intolerance to food, so for now it's completely preemptive. He was unable to comment on whether or not the PICC line was successful or even attempted for him. He remains stable as well.
I sure miss them both very much. Lindsey is running a low grade fever around 100.5 and needs to go to the doctor's office this afternoon for some tests to see what it is and get precautionary antibiotics as well since she is pumping. She won't be able to visit the babies today because of it and it is very hard emotionally to deal with that.
I'm not feeling so great myself, but can't be sure if that's my new schedule and not enough food, so I will be taking my temperature as soon as I reach home.
Thank you all for your support, very much.
Ian
Thursday, June 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Lindsey and Ian...
:hug: I just wanted to let you know I am reading and thinking about/praying for all of you every day. I've shared your blog with my mother and I know she's passing amongst her own friends. You've got a lot of prayers going up, even from those who don't know you.
Your boys are beautiful and I love reading the updates.
I hope both of you feel better soon...I can only imagine how run down you both must be. Hang in there...soon they'll be in your arms and keeping you up all night.
Love,
Tracey Bond
aka snugglbond/amitys
oh, guys, I'm sending you get better vibes. Like the flight attendents say, always put your oxygen mask on first. Take care of yourself and if you need anything, let me know. I can always drop off a meal or whatever you need.
Jenn
Love and prayers to you all.
It is so incredibly hard and painful not to be able to go and spend time with your babies. I am praying that you are well and that Lindsey recovers quickly.
I am praying for good news for your little ones as well.
Post a Comment