We went this morning to see the boys and were finally able to talk to not only the nurse practitioner, but 2 doctors. Neither of the boys have brain bleeds!!! That was such incredible news! They will do repeat scans in a week to make sure none have developed but we were told that 75% of all brain bleeds happen within the first 3 days.
They both were taken off of their bili lights! Their bili levels are low and there's no need for the super bright lights. That also means that they don't have to wear their eye masks anymore. I was able to see their faces, something we have only been able to do once or twice since they were born. Neither of the boys have opened their eyes yet but you could see them moving their eyes and their eyelids fluttering.
I got to change Riley's diaper for the first time. He's a tiny little guy and I was afraid I was going to break his little legs while I tried to put on his new diaper. He's still on the ventilator but he's remained stable and is doing well.
Addison is still tolerating his cpap. He's getting 30 assisted breaths per minute but breathing well above that on his own. The nurses gave him a little hat and it's so cute.
The doctors have now upgraded their survival chances from 50% to 65%. We also have discovered that the boys are IDENTICAL! We've been curious but it's also good for the doctors to know since they'll more than likely share any allergies to medications and stuff like that.
After going to see the boys, Ian and I went to babies r us and bought each of the boys a little board book and a toy to keep in their isolettes. The nurses showed us where they keep a little library of books so we can read to the boys anytime we want.
A lot of people have asked us about a registry. We have most of the big things that we'll need but we did register for a lot of the smaller stuff.
We registered primarily at babies r us but we also have a few things online at target and amazon.com. Here are the links.
http://www.toysrus.com/ControllerServlet?target=viewDetails&operation=authenticate_user®istryNumber=96467644&from=registrySearch
http://www.target.com/registry/baby/6FTPZC1BPQWV/guestview
http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/baby/37NSJ9ZL2R09J
Saturday, June 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Lindsey, that is such great news!! I am so happy for you. I will continue praying for Addison and Riley.
Jenn
I'm so glad to hear such good news. We're thinking about you all the time. And it's fabulous that you're pumping...that will make such a difference for the boys when they're ready!
Janet and all the Selmans 2 foots & four
Post a Comment