Hi everyone... I just got received the morning update for Riley and Addison from the NICU.
Addison continues to be stable and they have decreased the number of assisted breaths processed by the ventilator as he is keeping up on his own. He is on room air, and his feedings were tolerated yesterday so they are increasing him to 2ml per feeding. He seems to be enjoying his new isolette environment.
Riley has also been moved to an isolette and is on room air. He began feedings last night and is on 1ml now. He has been sleeping a LOT, which is very good, and has even been tolerating the labwork well. I was told that his eyes are no more open than they were, but Lindsey and I are very excited for that day to come!
We will be seeing them daily at 2PM and 2:30PM until they stabilize completely.
That's all for now. Thank you everyone.
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Lindsey and Ian, I can't seem to find the words to say how I feel for you guys. Happy, thrilled, joy, don't seem to capture just how I feel. The boys are doing amazing. I am in awe of how much strength is inside of their tiny little bodies. And the two of you, you both seem to have so much courage and strenth inside. I will continue to pray for Addison Ryker and Riley John, as well as the rest of your family. May God continue to move your boys forward.
I love you guys.
Jenn
Congratulations on your 2 amazing boys. I was told about your story by a relative that is on a parenting message board. My husband and I went through a similar experience with our son Baker. He was a 23 weeker and weighted 1lb 4 ½ oz. Baker was born on 6/2/07. Baker had a grade 3 (left) and 4 (right) brain bleed, ROP, BPD, and he also had several blood transfusion. I am happy to report that he is now just a little over 1 years old and doing great. He is crawling and trying to walk and doing everything that a full term baby (at his adjusted age) would be doing. When my son was in the hospital I read the preemie blogs and my husband set up a blog for Baker. That’s was one of the things that helped us get through this. If you would like please feel free to read our story bakertynefield.blogspot.com. Your sons are doing really well. I am sure they will continue to thrive and grow. Our thoughts and prayers will be with your family. And again congratulations on 2 beautiful babies. Teresa Tynefield
ROOM AIR?!?!?!?! That is amazing!
I am so excited for your babies! Oh they are amazing!
Post a Comment