Addison weighed in at 3lbs. 2.6oz. today. Since starting on the Zantac, he's been having less periodic breathing and he only had once quick, self resolved event last night. He got his second bottle at 2am and took 20 of his 32cc.
Guess what he did when I went in tonight??? HE NURSED!!!!! He latched right on and nursed on and off for about 15 minutes!! I asked the doctor to write orders for me to try nursing but I wasn't expecting to try tonight. I had just pumped before going into the hospital so he didn't get much milk but he got some and he nursed like a champ!!! He looked up at me the whole time, with his eyes wide open, and it was such an awesome milestone! He didn't de-sat at all and he eventually lost interest and then took about 4cc from his bottle before getting the rest through his tube.
Riley weighed 2lbs. 8.2oz. as of this morning. He's been sitting tight in room air and like Addison, only had one self resolved event. He took 18 of his 25cc from his bottle at 2am. He wasn't as keen on nursing as Addison was. He's a good bit smaller than Addison and Riley had some trouble latching on. He did root and try so that's a good sign. He's going to need a little bit of work and a little more strength. After trying to nurse for about 15 minutes, I tried to give him his bottle and he was too tired. I held him while he got his feeding through the tube and tucked him tightly into the isolette.
Their nurse said that she's hoping to get their high flow turned down a little bit tomorrow and hopefully get Riley's feeding amount increased. I would have been 34 weeks pregnant today. Skylar was born at 32 weeks and he came home at what would have been 35 weeks and today, I was talking with one of the nurses and I mentioned that in a month, there's a really good chance they'll both be home and she said "there's a chance they'll be home in 2 weeks". It really hit me that in a few short weeks (whether it's 2 or 4, it's still short in comparison to how long they've been there) we'll be snuggling our little guys at home instead of in a rocking chair squeezed in between two isolettes.
1 comment:
Congratulations on a good day! Hopefully they will be home before you know it!
Post a Comment