RILEY WAS TAKEN OFF OXYGEN TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!! He was at a very low flow setting, on room air, and had the tubes out of his nose more than he had them in. When his nurse came in, she went to check on them and he had his tubes pulled out but still had his oxygen saturation at 98-100%. She decided to leave them out of his nose, but not take it off, and see how he did. I called to check on him around noon and was told he was no longer on oxygen. I was hesitant to share the good news because sometimes during feedings, they dip down and need some extra oxygen. Well, not only did he not need oxygen for his 2:00 feeding, he took the entire bottle! He lost a little bit of weight from yesterday (only about 10 grams) but he did get his feeding amount increased to 29cc. He nursed like a champ tonight when Ian and I went in and his nurse only gave him 10cc through the tube once he fell asleep at the breast. The only things holding him from coming home now are taking all of his full feedings by mouth and being in an open crib, while maintaining his body temperature, for 24 hours. There won't be a carseat test for him because there's no way he'll hit 4lbs. before he comes home so he automatically will come home in a carbed. He has finally graduated to preemie size diapers! No more maxi-pad looking diapers for either of them!
Addison gained a little bit of weight. He nursed really well tonight too. After he was finished nursing, he took almost half of his normal feeding through the bottle. The boys get tired nursing but for some reason, will almost always take a bottle after they fall asleep while nursing. Ian came with me and it was the first time he's seen the boys eat. He was so proud of the boys! Ian got to hold Addison and sing him songs while I fed Riley. Addison is still on 1 litre of oxygen but hopefully he'll be turned down soon.
I had thought, up until now, that the boys would stay about the same and come home at the same time but I really think that Riley will be home before Addison.
2 comments:
Oh, this is AWESOME!!! You can really see the weight they are gaining in their little cheeks now. What amazing little guys you have, Lindsey!!
Congratulations!!
I am so happy to read about their progress every day.
Post a Comment