Monday, August 4, 2008

Reunited, and it feels so good!










"Notice anything missing?" That was the first thing the boys nurse said to me when I came in tonight. As I looked at Addison, I noticed that he didn't have his hat on and I thought it was weird because they need the hats to keep the cpap in place. Only when she asked if I noticed anything missing did I realize that Addison had been taken off the cpap and put on the high flow nasal cannula. He was weighed today and is up to 2lbs. 7oz.! You can see how much he's filled out in his face.

Riley is down to 3 litres on the high flow and still sating well. He lost just a little bit of weight and weighs 1lb. 15.2oz.

They both will get weighed daily now that they're not on the cpap. They also get their length measured every Sunday night but due to them getting a baby admitted, I forgot to ask and their nurse was busy with the new baby.




I held both of them at the same time. It was awesome and amazing and I've wanted nothing more than to have both of them together, in my arms. They both loved it and slept for most of the time. The half pound size difference between them is really noticeable when they're side by side. I sat there with them in my arms for almost an hour and a half. I told their nurse that if it wasn't for the fact that I had to pump, she would have had to kick me out of the nicu. :)

3 comments:

Liba said...

What an amazing update!

I cried happy tears over the picture of you holding both Addison and Riley. What a wonderful day.

Erin said...

The picture of you holding both of the boys together makes me want to do cartwheels.

You have amazing baby boys!

Michelle ~ Blogging from the Boonies said...

They are so cute that they literally bring tears to my eyes! I want to sniff that wee hatless head! :)