Monday, July 14, 2008

Holding strong



Riley is still negative for infection!! He'll continue to get antibiotics until next friday (14 days from the day they got the negative culture) and then he shouldn't need any IV's. He's up to 10cc of breastmilk and he's tolerating it well. No belly distension and no problems going to the bathroom. He needed to have a new IV line put into his arm again. He seems to be blowing his IV lines daily since starting the antibiotics.

Addison is still on 16cc of the fortified milk. He also receives folic acid, vitamin K, potassium, and a vitamin mix added in. The doctors ordered him to try the 24 calorie fortifier again so tonight, we'll see how he does with it. He was weighed this morning and has gained 10 grams. He's still on room air too!

I'm sure I've missed some stuff but right now, this is all I can remember. I'm exhausted and keep falling asleep while I'm trying to update.

No comments: