Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Not too much to say



Riley is still rockin the cpap! He was down to 27% oxygen and sating in the 90's when we were in today! His blood gases have been perfect and he still is not having any apnea episodes. His nurse from Monday had off yesterday and she said when she came in today, she was shocked and thrilled to see him not only still on the cpap, but to be doing so well with it! He's not having as many desats since he's been on the cpap. He must have known he was ready when he pulled out his tube. His IV got taken out this morning so now his arms and legs are free to move around. He was finally wearing clothes when we went in today. His nurse said she noticed Addison was dressed and she felt bad that Riley didn't have any clothes on so she dressed him :)

Addison is still on the vent. The respiratory therapist was going to try to turn him back down to 48bpm and hope that he keeps his blood gases low. He's still taking his feedings like a champ. Not much has been changing with him lately. When we went in today, I got confused for a second because Addison was wearing the shirt we got for Riley. He looked just as adorable in it as Riley did.

Overall, we are thrilled with their progress so far. They are growing and doing everything that they should be and more.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I love reading the excellent updates. I may not comment every day but I read just about every day. It's rare I don't check in to see how they are doing. I just wanted you to know that I'm still cheering the boys on!