What a wonderful visit tonight. No changes with the oxygen, cpap, or feedings for either of the boys. They had a stable day with only a few minor apnea/brady episodes.
I got there just in time to Kangaroo Care Addison for his feeding. He seems to have trouble adjusting to being held and it takes him 5-10 minutes to settle. Once he was settled, I talked to him until he drifted off to sleep with a full belly. He slept soundly and didn't have any problems. He was sating high again after being put back into his isolette.
Then it was Riley's turn to be held. We got him out and he didn't cry, de-sat, or do much of anything. He looked at me while I talked to him and held the syringe of breastmilk. I talked to him until he fell asleep and once he was asleep, it was probably the most peaceful time I've had with either of them. He didn't move, he didn't cry, he didn't de-sat, and we were so cozy that I nodded off for about 15 minutes. Their nurse came back from dinner and I had to pump so we put Riley back in the isolette. I looked at the clock and it was 7:30. I thought for sure it was later than that. The time that I spent with them tonight was probably the best so far. They respond so well to the kangaroo care.
No comments:
Post a Comment