I'm finally home and settled from seeing the boys this evening. Ian went back to his regular schedule at work today. He had changed his schedule when they were born because they were so critical and he wanted to make sure he was there daily with them. Now that they're much more stable, he can work his regular hours and get some much needed rest.
The boys had another stable day. They're both still on the same cpap settings with their oxygen staying the same as yesterday. Addison had 3 apnea episodes between last night and this morning but he didn't have anymore the rest of the day. Riley has only had one episode.
Addison now weighs 2lbs. 1.8oz. and 14 inches long. He has had his feedings increased to 21cc. Riley is up to 1lb. 11.7oz. and is 13.6 inches long. He's still only getting 17cc. They both started to get something called Benepro mixed in with their milk, twice per day. It's just extra protein. So they're getting that, in addition to the folate, vitamin E, potassium, and general vitamins with extra iron. Oh, and the 26 calorie fortifier and Diruel. They get their little breastmilk cocktails every 4 hours and seem to be tolerating everything well.
I got to hold both of them tonight. I held each of them for a little over a half hour. Addison was having issues with his cpap prongs coming out of his nose so we put him back into the isolette and let the respiratory therapist change to a smaller set of prongs while I held Riley. They both cried and squeaked while I was holding them. I feel so bad for being happy to hear them cry. When you don't hear your babies make any noise for almost 6 weeks, you're happy to hear anything. From the little squeaks when they hiccup to the big squeaks when they cry.
I just got off the phone with their nurse and was told all is well, Addison is doing much better with the smaller cpap prongs, and they're both sound asleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment