Today Addison finally got moved to be next to Riley. While I was holding Riley, I noticed the bed next to him was finally empty so I asked the nurse if they were still planning on moving Addison. Within a half hour, they had become neighbors.
They're both still doing well on the cpap and they both had the pressure turned down. Riley is now down to a +5 and Addison is at a +6. Riley is getting 21-25% oxygen and Addison has been able to get all the way down to 28-30% (they weren't able to get him under 55% the first day he was on cpap) The respiratory therapist told Ian that if Riley keeps going down 1 per day, he'll be on the nasal cannula by the end of the week! He also really loves his pacifier. He's able to keep it in his mouth and creat a seal even with the feeding tube.
I got to hold Riley this morning and Addison this evening. They have been responding so well when we hold them.
I took 2 more outfits for each of the boys and a blanket for each of them that we slept with last night so it would have our scent.
No comments:
Post a Comment