Wednesday, July 23, 2008

night time ramblings




I had to run out to Old Navy to return some stuff and pick up a few more things for Skylar's back to school clothes. I missed spending time with the boys so I decided that on my way home, I'd take a detour and stop by the hospital for a few hours.


I got there and finally met some of the evening shift nurses. I didn't realize that the boys had evening touch times ( 6 and 10pm) until I asked if I could hold Addison. The nurse asked Dr. Hoffman (who's awesome) and he said it was no problem and that he was going to write in both of the boys charts that they can be held once daily. The nurse figured if she was going to get him out, she would weigh him and change his isolette early. I got all set up in the chair, she put him on the scale, and then into my arms. First off, he weighs TWO POUNDS!!! He hit 2lbs. I never, in a million years thought I would be excited that my baby finally weighed 2lbs. I got to hold my boy for 45 minutes. The respiratory therapist and the nurse were happy to see that he was sating better than he had been all night. After 45 minutes, he started to get restless and he started desating so we decided to put him back in the isolette for the night. Addison was awake for about 30 minutes while I was holding him. He has beautiful blue eyes that I was able to see for the first time. I couldn't take my eyes off of him. He's so tiny and so perfect. When she weighed him, she put on his cute little dinosaur shirt that we bought a few weeks ago.


Riley is still on cpap and it was down to 26% oxygen. Everyone is shocked at how well he's doing. I didn't hold him tonight but I told his nurse that I was hoping to get in there in the evening for one of his touch times to be able to hold him.


I feel calm and complete when I'm able to spend so much time with them. Tonight was fantastic and I think I might be making more evening trips over to see them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

TWO POUNDS?! That is so incredibly awesome! I never thought I'd be so excited to hear a baby weighed two pounds. LOL.

I hope from here they both only keep gaining sweety. Big hugz to you.