Addison is now 3lbs. 0.9oz. and Riley is 2lbs. 6oz. When I talked to the nurse this morning, she asked if I wanted to give them their bottles tonight when I come in. Bottle time has been kind of frustrating and I end up leaving feeling down because I don't get to hold them a lot of spend any decent time with them. Get one out, try the bottle for a half hour, what they don't take goes in the feeding tube and the other one comes out, tries bottle for half hour or so. So, I asked if they wanted to try to bottle feed them today since they have experience with feeding little babies and I might not be doing something right to get them interested. Nobody has really worked with me on feeding and while I'm not uncomfortable feeding them, it would be nice for some tried and true nicu tips. They got their bottles at 2pm and I just called to see how they did. Riley finished his whole 25cc bottle. He got the smelly vitamins added into the bottle and she said he spit up a little bit after the feeding but he did take the whole thing.
Addison took 17 of his 30cc and didn't spit up but she said he had a little bit of reflux and you could see the milk coming up the feeding tube. She put him on his tummy and he's been great since.
Tonight when I go in, I'll get to hold them together, read them their books, and just relax.
Tomorrow when I go in at 2, their nurse is going to sit with me and we're going to try to feed the boys together.
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh Lindsey, I can definitely relate and feel for where you're at!!! I've been through such similar experiences! My sister, Molly (I don't know her user name), is actually the one who's part of BabyFit, and she gave me the link to your blog. It's taken me a couple weeks (cuz I have little ones!), but I started at the beginning and have read everything you've written. I would LOVE to write you a longer message, but am not sure if there's a space limit here, or that everyone else needs to read it all. If you're comfortable with it, could you send me your e-mail, and I'll write more: kt.phillips@comcast.net
You're in my thoughts & prayers!
Katie
I just wanted to tell you that I end every day at your page. You and your boys are what I go to sleep thinking and praying about. It is so encouraging to see that they are getting so much bigger and doing so well. You are such a great mama, and I think you are doing a wonderful job. (((hugs)))
Sandy
(AKA MotherNurture on Amity)
Post a Comment