The boys have been getting sponge baths because of being on the cpap and I haven't been there for any of their bath times. Today, I was in the scrub room washing my hands, and their nurse came in and asked if I was interested in giving Riley a bath.
We got in there and got the table, heat lamp, and little "bath tub" all ready and I undressed him and he got to get his first real bath. He squirmed a little bit but didn't make a peep.
We got him all dressed and bundled up and then I got to hold him for his feeding. He was wide awake for most of the time I was holding him and he seemed to respond to me talking to him. He's still on the high flow cannula and it's on the 4 litre setting and will eventually get weaned down to a 1 litre setting and at that point, he'll move down to the regular nasal cannula.
Addison is down to a +4 setting on his cpap! If he tolerates this, he should be on the high flow cannula in a few days and then I'll get to bathe him also.
They're not having many episodes and they've both had a pretty normal day so far.
2 comments:
I am so happy for you!!
What a wonderfully exciting milestone!
Your boys are amazing.
Liba
What absolutely fabulous news!!! Addison and Riley are SOOO strong!! :o)
Cher
Post a Comment