Sunday, August 10, 2008

Much better visit tonight

I went in a little bit early tonight so that I could get a head start on their evening care. Their nurse was still at lunch so I sat and talked to them for a few minutes.
When their nurse came back, the unit clerk came over and said that Dr. Klombers, the opthamologist, was on his way over to the hospital to do their eye exams. He gets a list of babies that need exams and will call usually 15-20 minutes before he comes over. They never know exactly when it will be, only that it will be close to the date that it's due. The boys weren't due for their follow up until this coming Thursday. 45 minutes later, he showed up and was done with both of them within 10 minutes. He told be that they both looked great and were benign and he would do another follow up in 2 weeks. He said that if in 2 weeks, he still didn't see anything, they wouldn't need anymore checks!
I had to wait for Riley to finish his feeding but then I was able to kangaroo care the boys together. They did really well and only had issues when one would move and bother the other.
I held them for an hour and then their nurse needed to weigh, measure, and get a head circumference. Addison weighed 2lbs. 14oz. and Riley weighed 2lbs. 4oz. Addison was 36.5cm. long but I forgot to ask about Riley.
Tomorrow they're due for their baths so tomorrow when I go in, I'll get to give them baths and try them with their bottles.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I have to tell you that Klombers is THE BEST! I absolutely love him.

He's actually a neuro-ophthalmologist.

A little about him..."Dr. Klombers came to Eye Consultants of Pennsylvania in 1991, from Duke University, where he completed his Fellowship in Pediatric Ophthalmology, Adult Strabismus and Neuro-ophthalmology. He received his B.A. from Amherst College in Massachusetts, where he was selected to Phi Beta Kappa. Dr. Klombers received his medical degree from the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, and completed his internship at Montefiore Hospital."

He's not at Eye Consultants anymore. He recently left there and is now at 3 different places.

He is EXCELLENT. They are in the best hands in this area. I actually had a doctor at CHOP who knew him and was quick to sing his praises.

I know you all have a lot going on and doctors galore. I thought it would be nice to hear a report on one especially when it's a glowing report.

I love Klombers. If you continue to use him when the boys get out the only thing I can warn you about...he likes quiet in his office and won't hesitate to step in and tell a child they need to be quiet.