Saturday, July 19, 2008

Fantastic visit today!!!!



Look at what I was allowed to do!!!!!!!!

When I was in yesterday, Riley's nurse mentioned that if he had a good night and they weren't busy tomorrow, that I would probably be able to hold Riley when I came in. I tried to not get my hopes up because there has been talk about holding him before and for various reasons, was not able to hold him. We went in for our 2pm visit and shortly after, they had him wrapped up and IN MY ARMS!!!! It was awesome and amazing and I could have sat there all night with him held tightly against me. He only de-sated when I started rocking (I was in a nice comfy rocking chair).

Riley is up to 17cc of breastmilk and he's tolerating the 24cal fortifier. He had a nice stable night and day.

Addison is still doing well. I didn't hold him today. I think I would have been allowed to if I had asked but I was holding Riley for so long that there wasn't time. We had to pick up the older kids from my dad's house by 4. He's still on 18cc of fortified milk. They restarted his potassium because his levels started to get low again. He loves being on his belly. They tuck his little arms and legs under him and he does really well.

So, another steady day, they're both healthy, and after 33 days, I finally got to hold one of my miracle boys!


12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on holding Riley. You look like the happiest mom ever in that picture.
Malissa (Tiredmama at Amity)

Serene Chaos said...

Oh Lindsay!! I remember the first time I was allowed to hold Evan and it was just amazing. I am so, so glad that you were able to hold Riley for the first time!!

Cher (ella*enchanted at MamaDrama)

Unknown said...

Congratulations! What a huge step you've taken today! Very cool and encouraging.

Love to all of you.
Martha

Anonymous said...

That is so incredibly awesome!!! I'm so happy for you and I hope you will be holding both of your boys very soon sweety.

Hugz,
Jo

Lisa said...

They are so precious and adorable. How awesome that you finally got to hold one! Reading about your/their journey is so inspiring, thanks for keeping us all updated.

Socston said...

You and riley both look beautiful!
I'm so glad you got to hold your baby finally.

Ashleigh W said...

OMG!!! You look so happy and he looks so relaxed!!! Congrats on holding your wee one;)

Liba said...

I am crying happy tears.

I am so glad that you were able to hold Riley!!

It is so nice to see the progress and watch your boys growing stronger and stronger every day.

Erin said...

I can't even imagine how exciting that must have been!

On I'm so happy for you!

Anonymous said...

WOW WOW WOW!!! What great news! You must be so thrilled! Congratulations!

Janet & the Selmans

Anonymous said...

What a great day!!! So happy for you, the wait must've been so difficult.

- Heather
(HeatherMSB from Babyfit)

Anonymous said...

i teared up seeing you holding them! i'm so happy for you guys, good luck in your journey! :)