Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Not much happening



We've kind of reached a point with the boys where they're stable. They're eating, on steady vent settings, and overall content. Time is starting to slow down while we wait for the boys to grow.

Addison is still doing well on the 24cal. feedings. He's staying at 21-25%oxygen and breathing above the vent. He's currently getting 50bpm. Addison stopped getting the potassium because his levels were actually high

Riley is up to 15cc of 22cal. fortified breastmilk. At 2:30am, he'll go up to his limit of 16cc. His last day of antibiotics is the 21st and then he'll lose his IV. Riley is down to 38bpm and is around 35% oxygen.

Both of their head ultrasounds were normal. They will probably get a final u/s just before they come home but as the nurse practitioner said "there's a slim to none chance of there being anything abnormal".

They're now getting bloodwork done every other day instead of daily.

We may be to the point that we don't have daily blog updates.

5 comments:

Shiksa said...

Such miracles! I check your blog sometimes several times a day just holding my breath. It sounds like they are doing beautifully. Congratulations again!

Liba said...

:) Stability is wonderful!

Rates and settings may not be changing quickly, but your boys certainly are. We would still appreciate daily updates and pictures even if there is no new news.

I am praying hard for more good news daily!

Heather said...

So amazing. :)

You can always post "The boys are great!" and more sweet pictures. I'd read it.

Anonymous said...

They are so beautiful that it honestly brings tears to my eyes everytime I check this blog. :)

I'm so glad things are going well and I think I will probably cry hard with joy for you when you finally get to take both of them home.

You're so strong and amazing. I am in awe of you. BIG hugz and much much love to you guys.

Jo/MomOfHeathens

Daddy's Dream ~Mommy's Miracle said...

Your babies are truly miracles from above. I check in daily and I will continue to keep them in my prayers.

Destiny