Today Ian held Riley for the first time! They both did really well and Riley loved being in his Daddy's arms :)
Riley is doing amazingly well on cpap. He has been sating in the upper 90's for the past few days. When I went back in at 2pm today, his nurse told me that they turned down his cpap one level. So, he's now down to 6 and holding his own. He started to get his vitamins, folate, and vitamin E mixed into his feedings and he seems to tolerate it just fine. We got to hear him cry for the first time since he was born. When they're on the vent, they're not able to make noises. It's kind of bittersweet. You're happy to finally hear your baby because you know they're healthy enough to be able to cry, but you hate to see your baby upset.
Addison loves being held too! Last night, he was freaking me out a little bit while I was holding him so I didn't hold him very long. He kept de-sating and even though the nurse said he wasn't de-sating enough to go back in the isolette, I didn't want to stress him out and have him get put back on the vent. Today he did much better! Yesterday they weren't able to get him under 55% oxygen but today he was down to 47% and sating well. While I was holding him, he was actually setting off the alarms for sating too high.
Both of the boys love their pacifiers. They may be our first kids to actually use them.
Tomorrow we're going to start doing kangaroo care (skin to skin contact) and I'm so excited! Kangaroo care has been proven to be extremely helpful to little babies overall progress. I'm convinced that their transition to cpap has been made easier because we're able to hold them daily.
2 comments:
That first picture is so great. He looks like he's waving or telling the mommy paparazzi to get lost!
I love hearing the continued progress they are making.
that's awesome!!! :)
Post a Comment